Spring rolls are one of the best known Asian snacks. In addition to the normal fried spring rolls, there are also spring rolls made from rice sheets. These do not need to be fried and are therefore a lot healthier than the well-known spring rolls. These rice skin spring rolls are responsible, healthy and delicious to eat with our fat-free and sugar-free sweet chili sauce.
Nutritional value of 3 spring rolls
Calories: 408 kcal
Carbohydrates: 45 gr
Sugars: 4 gr
Fats: 16 gr
Saturated: 0.8 gr
Proteins: 20 gr
Ingredients for 3 spring rolls
- 100 grams of chicken thighs
- ½ cucumber
- ¼ red pepper
- 1 root
- 30 grams of glass noodles
- 3 rice sheets (available at the shop)
- ¼ avocado
For the chicken marinade
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tl ginger powder
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken thighs into cubes and put them in a bowl. Squeeze the garlic and add it to the chicken thighs together with the soy sauce, ginger powder, pepper and salt. Cover the bowl and put it in the fridge for at least an hour to marinate.
- After marinating for an hour, fry the chicken thigh cubes in a dash of olive oil. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan half-filled with water to the boil. When this boils, remove the pan from the heat and lay the glass of noodles in it for 4 minutes. Then drain the glass of noodles and rinse with cold water.
- Wash the skin of the cucumber and peel or cut long slices of it (as thin as possible). Cut the julienne carrot and the red pepper into thin rings. Cut the avocado in half, watch out for the kernel, and remove the flesh from the skin with a spoon. Then cut the avocado into thin slices.
- Take a large round plate that can hold a layer of lukewarm water. Place the rice sheets in the water for about 30 seconds until they are soft and moldable. Take a new round plate and place the rice sheet on it. Then place 3 slices of cucumber one above the other in the center of the rice sheet. Place the chicken, avocado and carrot across on the cucumber slices. Then add the red pepper and glass of noodles. Fold the sides of the rice sheets inwards and then roll the whole into a spring roll. Repeat this process for several spring rolls. Put the sweet chili light sauce in a container and use it to dip the spring rolls.
The dish is ready and you can eat, enjoy your meal!
More delicious recipes like this? Then view it quickly XXL Nutrition Recipe Book!
In collaboration with The Fit Food Friends