Gado Gado, a real Indonesian favorite and a perfect meal for a day of vegetarian, this is also the ideal budget meal, super cheap and also super fast or table setting. It is a dish that could actually be very lean and healthy, only the satay sauce prevents this. Because secretly we always throw a spoon or two too much of it on our plate and before you know it you make your meal very rich in calories. Furthermore, Gado Gado only consists of blanched vegetables, a portion of brown rice and two boiled eggs, a real power meal! So are you just paying attention to your calorie intake, but would you like to continue to enjoy a delicious satay meal? Then try the Light Sauce Indonesian Cocos Satay! This way you save an average of 200 calories per serving, but you do not save on taste.
Very tasty to serve with a handful of kroepoek, take the cassava kroepoek if you want to keep the meal vegetarian.
Nutritional value per person
Carbohydrates: 65.2 gr.
Fats: 14,7 gr.
Proteins: 26.5 gr.
Ingredients (4 people)
- 1 pointed cabbage of 800 gr.
- 400 gr. scraped carrots
- 400 gr. shelled green beans
- 8 eggs
- 240 gr. brown rice
- 12 portions Light Sauce Indonesian Cocos Satay
Preparation Light Gado Gado
- Boil the eggs in 6-8 minutes, depending on whether you prefer to eat a soft-boiled or a hard-boiled egg.
- Cook the brown rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Boil a large pan with plenty of water and make sure that the water is well salted. Cut the green beans in half and cut the cut carrots in half lengthwise and then in half again. Cut the pointed cabbage in half and remove the outer leaf and the hard core at the bottom. Cut the halves in half again and then into 1 cm thick strips. Peel the boiled eggs and cut in half.
- Blanch the green beans and carrot until al dente (about 8 minutes) and add the cabbage for the last 2 minutes. Drain after the cooking time.
- Divide the rice over 4 plates, then divide the mixed vegetables and the peeled eggs. Serve each plate with 3 portions Light Sauce Indonesian Cocos Satayand enjoy!
More delicious recipes like this? Then view it quickly XXL Nutrition Recipe Book!
In collaboration with Anneloes Beverwijk