This is such an ideal recipe that you can put together in 5 minutes, and then enjoy every day for a week! And you certainly don't have to be a kitchen prince (es) to make this cake work, it won't get much easier than this. And because the Skyr quark is one of the main components of the cake, it is less airy, but therefore extremely satiating! In other words, the perfect snack that is both protein and filling at the same time, and helps you get back on your feet during a hungry moment. The advantage is that you can boost this Cherry Pie with the delicious 0% syrup cherry flavor, without adding extra calories! Are you going to enjoy this delicacy today or tomorrow?
Are you a real sweet tooth? Then add 1 or 2 tablespoons of honey to the recipe.
Nutritional value per portion
Carbohydrates: 31.5 gr.
Fats: 3.3 gr.
Proteins: 11.1 gr.
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 250 g cherries (outside the cherry season you can use thawed, drained frozen cherries)
- 500 gr. Skyr honey
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 200 gr. whole grain spelled flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of cookie spices
- 15 gr. coconut chips
- 0% syrup cherry flavor
Preparation Cherry curd cake
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the mashed bananas with the Skyr honey and the cherries. Sieve the spelled flour in 3 parts and stir well.
- Add the baking powder and the cake spices and then stir in the eggs one by one.
- Cover a cake pan with baking paper and collapse the cake batter. Divide the coconut chips over the cake batter and bake the cake in the middle of the oven for 45-50 minutes until golden and cooked (if your coconut chips discolor too quickly, you can cover the cake with aluminum foil). The cake is done when a skewer comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely and cut into 8 thick slices. Serve generously with the 0% syrup cherry flavor and enjoy!
More delicious recipes like this? Then view it quickly XXL Nutrition Recipe Book!
In collaboration with Anneloes Beverwijk