Mac 'n cheese, or macaroni with cheese, is well known in America and parts of England. The most famous recipe is macaroni with cheese sauce and a little cheese au gratin from the oven. Annoyingly, there is not much healthy about this recipe, which includes high amounts of carbohydrates and (saturated) fats. For that reason we have come up with a healthier recipe for this again. We are making this recipe today with the High Protein chick pea pasta, smoked chicken fillet and grated mozzarella. In short, much more protein and less fat than the original recipe!
- Calories: 662 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 50 gr
- Sugars: 9 gr
- Fats: 26 gr
- Saturated: 14,3 gr
- Proteins: 51 gr
- 80 gram High Protein Pasta - Chickpea
- 75 grams of grated mozzarella
- 75 grams of smoked chicken fillet
- Fresh chives
- Salt and pepper
- Perfect Cooking Spray - Olive Oil
Preparation method Mac 'n cheese
- Cook the High Protein Pasta according to the package. Then drain the pasta and let it cool down a bit.
- Cut the smoked chicken breast into small cubes and finely chop some chives.
- In a bowl, mix the somewhat cooled pasta with the smoked chicken fillet and a third of the grated cheese. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top and mix in some chives.
- Take an oven dish and spray some Cooking Spray in it. Now put everything in the oven dish and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Place the oven dish in the oven on the highest grill setting for about 10 minutes. When the cheese has turned a nice golden brown you can eat it, enjoy it!