Do you know those fat American pancakes? They are often a lot lighter and smaller than the pancakes that we know in the Netherlands. In America they often throw a lot of maple syrup and a knob of butter over it, which is of course very unhealthy. The fluffy pancakes we made with liquid egg protein are a lot healthier! Extra high protein and no added sugars.
- Calories: 557 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 79 gr
- Sugars: 11 gr
- Fats: 10 gr
- Saturated: 0,5 gr
- Proteins: 34 gr
- 1 egg
- 100 ml 100% liquid egg white
- 100 grams of whole wheat flour (or oat flour)
- 200 grams of strawberries
- 100 ml milk
- Fresh mint
- Delicious Flavor Drops to taste
Preparation method fluffy pancakes with strawberry
- Take a fat-free bowl and put the proteins in it. Separate the whole egg and add the egg white to the other egg whites. Store the egg yolk in another bowl.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff with a hand blender or a whisk. The egg whites are stiff if you can turn the bowl over and the egg whites stay put.
- In the bowl with the egg yolk, add the milk, wheat flour and some flavor drops. Mix this together too.
- Gently fold the egg whites and the other batter together.
- Put a pan on high heat and put a little olive oil in it. Take 1 good scoop from the pancake batter and put it slowly in the pan. When the bottom is cooked, you can turn the pancake over. Bake this side nice golden brown. Repeat this process until the batter is finished.
- Remove the crowns from the strawberries and cut them in half or quarter.
- Stack the pancakes and sprinkle with strawberries and some mint leaves.