Man is a creature of habit. Because of this it happens that we vary little in our eating habits and secretly prepare the same dishes for ourselves every week. That can be a bit boring, especially if you also have to take into account protein-rich dinner. To help you stay out of that routine, we have a number of recipes for protein-rich dinner here for you. So you eat something different again!
Protein-rich dinner: 6 delicious recipes
We have previously written about it different foods that contain a lot of protein and what you probably didn't expect. In the recipes below you will find some of those special foods. Of course we also have a few recipes with chicken for you, because secretly chicken fillet is also very tasty! Read on and discover 6 delicious recipes for high-protein dinners.
1. Fresh salad with chicken and avocado dressing - 10 min
You can put this delicious fresh salad on the table in no time. It is a healthy mix of beans, cucumber, chicken, avocado and lettuce.
Ingredients (for one portion):
- Handful of soybeans;
- 1 chicken fillet;
- 1/4 cucumber;
- 1/2 avocado;
- 1/2 lemon juice;
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil (extra virgin);
- Romaine lettuce.
- Blanch the soybeans in 3 minutes. Then rinse them with cold water and let them drain.
- Cut the chicken fillet into strips or into cubes and also cut the cucumber (with or without peel) into cubes.
- Combine the beans, chicken fillet and cucumber in a bowl.
- Mix the avocado, a few drops of tabasco, the lemon juice and the olive oil in a food processor.
- Add the avocado dressing to the chicken mixture in the bowl and stir well. With a little pepper and salt you can season the salad the way you like it.
- You can then use the leaves of the Romaine lettuce to put in the chicken and avocado mixture and eat it out of hand. You can also cut the lettuce a bit smaller and mix it into the salad.
Nutritional values per portion: 433 kcal / 6 grams of carbohydrates / 28 grams of fat / 35 grams of protein
2. Easy paella - 40 min
Do you want something completely different? Then go for this delicious paella. This dish may seem complicated, but after 10 minutes of preparation and 30 minutes of cooking, you already have it on the table! Don't be alarmed by the number of ingredients; these only make it more delicious.
Ingredients (four portions):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil;
- 1 onion, chopped;
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder;
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme;
- 300 grams of paella or risotto rice;
- 3 tablespoons white wine (optional);
- 400 grams of tomatoes, in pieces;
- 900 milliliters of chicken broth;
- 400 grams of seafood from the freezer;
- 1 lemon;
- Half a bunch of parsley, sliced.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Then add the onion and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the paprika, thyme and rice to this. Stir well for a minute.
- Then add the white wine and stir until it is absorbed.
- Now add the tomatoes and the chicken broth in one go.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes (without the lid). In the meantime, keep stirring well and keep an eye on whether the rice absorbs the moisture well.
- When the rice has absorbed almost all the moisture, add the seafood. Stir well and let it braise on the pan for another 5 minutes.
- When the rice is nicely soft, the moisture is absorbed and the seafood is cooked, add the juice of half a lemon.
- The paella is now ready. Sprinkle the parsley on top and garnish with the other half of the sliced lemon.
Nutritional values per serving: 431 kcal / 66 grams of carbohydrates / 5 grams of fat / 34 grams of protein
3. Surprising omelette with zucchini and pesto - 30 min
You already knew that egg is a source of protein. Still, we didn't want to skip this loyal protein deliverer. Here is a delicious recipe that gives your omelet just that little bit more spice.
Ingredients (two portions):
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil;
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced slices;
- 6 eggs;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- 10 cherry tomatoes;
- 3 tablespoons green pesto;
- Hand of arugula.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the zucchini slices and fry until softer.
- While the zucchini is baking, beat the eggs in a bowl. Add the crushed garlic and some salt and pepper to taste.
- When the zucchini is good, remove it from the pan and place the slices on a piece of kitchen paper. Just dab them off.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil to the frying pan and add the zucchini to the egg mixture in the meantime. Then pour the entire mixture into the frying pan. Bake it all for 10 minutes on a low hour.
- When the mixture is almost completely solidified, turn it all over in the pan. You can do this with a beautiful flip, but you can also do it first on a plate and then turn it over in the pan.
- Bake the other side for a little while longer and when it has set enough, your omelet is ready! Put the omelette on a plate while you fry the tomatoes.
- Fry the tomatoes briefly in the pan for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut the omelette in half, spread the pesto on one side and place the other side on top. Also spread the top with the pesto and put the tomatoes and arugula on top. Lets eat!
Nutritional values per serving: 450 kcal / 8 grams of carbohydrates / 35 grams of fat / 24 grams of protein
4. Vietnamese beef with sesame seeds - 35 min
Another delicious and surprising recipe full of protein. Imagine yourself in Asia with these delicious pieces of beef that almost melt on your tongue.
Ingredients (four portions):
- 500 grams of beef;
- 2 teaspoons Oriental herbs;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce;
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil;
- Pinch of black pepper;
- Sesame seed.
- Start marinating the meat on time; this takes up most of the time. The longer you leave the meat in the marinade, the tastier it gets.
- Cut the beef into bite-sized strips.
- Put the herbs, garlic, fish sauce, oil and pepper in a bowl. Then add the beef. Mix everything well and let the meat marinate for at least 20 minutes (the longer, the better).
- When the meat is marinated, put the sesame seeds (to taste) in a sealable bag. Consider, for example, a freezer bag. Then add the marinated meat and toss everything together so that the sesame seeds are evenly distributed. Let it rest for a while.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan over high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the pieces of beef and fry everything briefly. This should only take a few minutes. If you overcook the meat, it will quickly become tough.
Serving suggestion: delicious with a portion of rice and some chili sauce.
Nutritional values per serving: 299 kcal / 4 grams of carbohydrates / 16 grams of fat / 34 grams of protein
5. Spaghetti with shrimps, green asparagus and peas - 30 min
And because we like it so much: pasta! From this tasty spaghetti with shrimps, green asparagus and peas, the water runs into our mouths.
Ingredients (two portions):
- 200 grams of spaghetti;
- 300 grams of shrimp (pre-cooked);
- 4 green asparagus, cut into pieces;
- 240 grams of peas;
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed;
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- 240 grams of low-fat yogurt;
- Half a bunch of parsley, finely chopped;
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice;
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil;
- Pinch of pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. With 2 minutes to go, add the shrimp, pieces of asparagus and peas. You can cook this for another 2 to 4 minutes. Then drain and set aside.
- Put the yogurt in a bowl together with the chopped parsley, the garlic, the salt, the lemon juice, the olive oil and the pepper. Stir well.
- Add the yogurt dressing to the pasta. Stir everything well and serve!
Nutritional values per portion: 361 kcal / 53 grams of carbohydrates / 6 grams of fat / 28 grams of protein
6. Tasty salmon with potato and green vegetables - 20 min
A tasty piece of salmon is never wrong of course. This meal contains a lot of proteins, is tasty and also looks colorful on the plate.
Ingredients (four portions):
- 750 grams of potatoes, solid-boiling;
- 350 grams of peas;
- 400 grams of green beans;
- 3 tablespoons olive oil;
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon;
- Mint leaves from one bunch;
- 4 salmon fillets (approximately 140 grams each).
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into segments. Then cook for 4 minutes.
- Then add the peas and green beans to the potatoes in the boiling water. Cook this for another 3 minutes until the potatoes and vegetables are cooked.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice and mint leaves in a food processor into a dressing. Don't have a food processor? You can also finely chop the mint leaves and add them to the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Bake the salmon until it is done.
- Then drain the vegetables and potatoes. You divide this over the plates. Place the salmon fillet on top and finish with the dressing.
Nutritional values per serving: 555 kcal / 42 grams of carbohydrates / 26 grams of fat / 40 grams of protein
If you no longer know what to cook, check these recipes again. Deliciously varied food and taking into account getting enough protein go well together, and that combination does not have to be boring and monotonous!
You can go anywhere with protein-rich dinner. In addition, these dishes are also easy to prepare and are full of flavor!
Do you have any recipes for delicious protein-rich dinner?
Share them in the comments below!